Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Okonomiyaki

My first OKONOMIYAKI experience was during my Japan trip 3 years ago. Since then I've always had the craving for this, which I always satisfied through Fukuya (Festival Mall), and Little Tokyo.

Till finally, I decided to start making one at home! What pushed me to finally do this myself was -- aside from being pricey when bought outside -- I know it's really really simple, it's just that it takes a lot of effort to find the ingredients. Thanks to New Hatchin, I found japanese mayo, okonomiyaki sauce, and Bonito (Tuna) flakes!

Anyway, here's my first try:


Like the usual, it's stuffed with cabbage strips. But I added sauteed beef, onions and fish cake in it. I topped it with okonomiyaki sauce, mayo, toasted sesame seeds and bonito flakes.

Actually I've cooked this 3 times already, with different variations each time. Lou's favorite is tuna-cabbage-cheese. It's becoming one of my default dishes in my "home menu"! I can't believe it! Lou and I are now addicted to this, that we're now running out of okonomiyaki sauce!

Anyway, we are opening our place to friends who'd like to join us on an "okonomiyaki night". We usually have it on Thursdays and/or Sundays (or any day upon request... LOL). Entrance fee is just chips and beer! Let me know! :)
 

3 comments:

bev said...

+ kimmy dora movie
hahaha

Cie said...

ang layo naman! hindi pwedeng free delivery sa bahay namin? abusada, haha! =P

ledabrigino said...

@ cie - hay nako antagal na yang planong meetup sa norte, i wonder kelan mangyayari! :P

@bev - yeahhhh kaso antagal pa ata bago maging downloadable yun, huhu. anyway, we can still have okonomiyaki nights kahit iba nalang muna panoorin natin -- u have any chick flick series jan? :)