Friday, July 06, 2012

a new necessity

I'm not a model, I also don't claim I have the best skin ever... I just want to share right now what makes me really happy --- a well moisturized skin! I never really cared about having "moisturized skin" before, until I realized I'm having dry skin occasionally - itching + flaking on my face. I used to ignore it thinking "ganon tlga, magkakaron na kase ako" or "ganon talaga, extra lamig kase ng aircon sa office ngayon" until I realized I definitely can't live with such excuses forever, right?! tumatanda na tayo e! (haha :P) Here are my remedies, with #1 as my most preferred.

4) The Body Shop - Vitamin E Moisture Cream. This is actually a discovery out of impulsive buying, when Cashcashpinoy sold this for "Only P99 instead of P 195"! It is really soothing, it makes me feel that my face is fresh and well-hydrated after applying. However, for me, this is just an "alternative/emergency" moisturizer, something I keep in my office just for those days my face gets flaky in the middle of the day. I don't use this religiously because it doesn't have SPF. At least it acts as a good makeup base, something good enough when I suddenly plan to put on makeup at work, in the middle of the day.

3) Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer, SPF 15. I got this while shopping with bev! It was one of those "I-feel-really-ugly" days, that I thought of having a permanent remedy for my dry skin. Since I was using Cetaphil facial wash that time, I thought it would be wise to use its moisturizer too. And it turned out to be good as expected! What the ads say are true (for me at least) - it's non greasy and fragrance free! I had to stop the usage though because my sister gave me #2 (read below)... and I'm not really happy with how it works as makeup base, there's a little of burning feeling when mixed with the brands of makeup I use (so, for now it's kept as my "B" moisturizer - something I use when I just have to stay at home the whole day)

2) Murad Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF 20. MY NEW BEST FRIEND! Yes this is the one that I use religiously. My sister (in US) sent this to me saying it does a lot to her skin, since it is "anti-aging" and has a relatively higher SPF, and so I tried it. and yes I did like it! it's light, non-greasy, and acts as a good makeup base. As for the anti-aging part, I can't make an accurate review on that yet -- because I'm using this along with 2 other Murad products (Cleanser, and Acne & Wrinkle Reducer). For now I can say my skin is sooo much better because of Murad products, generally. FYI - there's Murad in Rustan's!!! My only worry is that this product is really pricey. But I guess I shouldn't worry about that for now, I still have a lot left, and 1 tube goes a really long way.

1) LOTS OF WATER + EXERCISE (I mean, lots of water, so you can have a SWEATY exercise). The other day my face became itchy and flaky again and none of the 3 above solved it. That same day I tried the newly opened gym in our condo, for the first time. I used the stationary bike for 40 minutes straight, which made me sweat a lot! When I went home, all breakouts are gone! seriously, gone in 40 minutes! and my skin was smoother than ever! Really, nothing beats this remedy! =)

So there. Hope this helps! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may also want to look into natural products. I switched to natural products for my skin & it's a lot better. There was a time last winter and it got SUPER dry. Switching to natural products helped a lot!

Ex. I use extra virgin olive oil as a makeup remover. Nice and cheap, and it does the job! :)

Unknown said...

Leds! Since you wear makeup sometimes, share ko lang yung toner at makeup remover recipe ko. For the toner, I combine 1 part witch hazel, 1 part apple cider vinegar, and 1 part water and put it in a small container. I use it twice a day after washing my face. I also use extra virgin olive oil mixed with witch hazel as a makeup remover.

vyki said...

I've always wanted to try out Murad. Have you tried VMV? I wanted to try that out also pero hirap magchange ng products tpus iba pa un sa derma! hehe. :)

ledabrigino said...

nope i havent tried VMV, it's just now that I'm exploring brands (and now that i'm ok with Murad, there's no need to try out the rest). as for u maybe u can ask your derma? :)

bev said...

VMV or Shisheido for Asian skin daw? :)