Monday, June 25, 2012

Irrevocable

I'll do my own makeup on the big day!

(okay, now I give you 5 minutes to say anything you want, to react violently or what...)

...coz of so many reasons. For one, it's pricey. It's something I can afford, but not something practical.

Secondly, I love makeup. I REALLY DO. This may not be obvious as I do not have one of those vanity blogs showing reviews and swatches and "look of the day" posts (because I think that's vanity at its finest). But I wear makeup everyday, I play with my makeup stash when I'm alone as a hobby, and I get ecstatic when ate lo (my sister in US) refills my stash. And I get the same excitement when I purchase makeup -- I immediately go home and spend the rest of the night doing all sorts of looks! Point is, I love it and I use it with confidence, that I'm actually less confident when I let someone else touch my own face.

Thirdly, I have 6 months left to prepare -- add 4 months to that as I made this decision as soon as we got engaged! I do practice certain portions at certain days (I don't practice ALL portions at the same time because I might overdo a look for work, and make my look on the big day an ordinary one. hehe). Then I practice the actual overall look on formal events. Really, I have plenty of time. I think this duration is more than enough to learn, even for those who do not know how to put on makeup at all.

Fourthly, I just love the idea of having a personal touch before I face my future husband at the altar. I found a couple of SDE videos showing brides who did their makeup DIY, they all made me say "wow!" then "aaw ♥". OH YES so many brides have done this before, even kate middleton -- A PRINCESS who had millions of cameras focused on her that day. This is becoming quite usual nowadays, so don't panic (for me) like makeup artists are rare gods.

Lastly, guys, How many times have I said I'll do this with full conviction? And really did it? Solo travel, solo living, what else? You should know me well by now.

As for those who say "But makeup for photography/videography lighting is different!" or "baka mag mukha kang multo" etc etc... namannnn --haha! of course, I KNOW! I'm not a professional in this line, but hey, I'm not an amateur in a "waah, I don't know how to put on makeup at all" level either, you know what I mean? (Sorry sa "namannn" - I just hate it when I hear such remarks, para bang "uy make sure to brush your teeth before going to bed ha".)

In spite of these, I am glad that important people do support me: 1) my sister who thinks that paying at least 10k to "look natural for 1 day" is ridiculous 2) my other sister who's really excited about it so she's now starting to send me long lasting (and expensive!) makeup I need for the big day 3) My wedding gown designer (who happens to be a makeup artist too) who's giving me a discount to her makeup workshop rather than persuading me to get her wedding makeup package 4) Lou and 5) my mom, who think I'm beautiful no matter what... HAHAHA!

...and yes, everyone else reacted violently :( 
so don't feel like I'm writing this blog for a specific person :D

Sorry, just needed to rant (bridezilla in the making here, I hope you guys understand...)! girls, please just support me if you think this is stupid. And I'd gladly appreciate that. I'm not really asking you to agree on my "points". And don't think I have anything against makeup artists, and/nor their prices! Each to her own, diba. My point is just ... don't pull me down by projecting your fears to what I think I can do, with all confidence. Besides, whether your remark is positive or not, this decision is irrevocable :)
 

3 comments:

bev said...

you know, the title of your post reminded me of twilight. haha it was something bella said about her being in love with edward.
anyway, on to the more important topic, i will support you all the way, pero i won't be able to help you kasi I'm no good with makeup!

sally said...

ate leds!magkano yung offer nya sayo na workshop fee?pag kaya ng powers ko i wanna join too! hahaha!

and yes supporter mo ko, add ko lang,regine v. did her makeup din sa wedding nya. or kahit nga at sa mga performances/concerts :)

ledabrigino said...

@sally - tlgang nabanggit pa rin si regine, naniniwala nakong idol mo sha. haha!

the 1-1 workshop fee is 1800. I think her rate is cheaper if sa scheduled class ka tlga. just PM me if you're interested, I can give you her contact # :)