Friday, March 09, 2012

is there really "THE ONE"?!

What I don't understand is the term "the one", referring to that dream dress for your big day. I have googlized pegs and all, and also tried fitting off the rack gowns from all over, just to see the style that fits me ...but up till now, none made me say THIS IS IT! with full conviction.

I liked bits and pieces from different gowns though, which made me swallow my initial decision to just get an off the rack wedding gown. I chose to have "the one" couturier instead. LOL. details next time! for now I'd like to share this, especially to those with a shoestring wedding budget.

before: I planned to purchase just an off-the-rack-then-customized dress. The pro in this is that you'd be able to see what style looks best on you. Plus you don't have to set N meetings with your couturier for a span of 12 months, for endless specifications and re-fitting and all that. The main (only) con I could think of is that you might end up having the same gown as someone else. And for those who really believe in Pinoy superstions (not me!) you end up fitting a dress before the wedding -- which brings bad luck!

Of course, the main pro -- main reason why I preferred off-the-rack gowns is that they're generally cheaper yet can be as elegant. In a little span of time I tried out ready made gowns, I was able to list the potential gowns in case I plan to buy a cheap one at the last minute.

Rustan's Filipiniana section - 18-25k
Rustan's Formal wear - 20-30k
Cinderella [reception] Gowns - 5-12k
Vitabella - starts at 18k

For further customizations, it usually takes 2 weeks to one month to finish, with minimal customization charges.

But like what I said, I just decided to get a couturier for my wedding gown. It's just always good to have plan Z lists like this! :)
 

2 comments:

Cie said...

uhm, i don't think there is such thing as "the one" hehehe! kahit ako, I left it to my couturier to design a gown that she thinks would jive with my personality ;-)

btw, sino kinuha mong couturier? :-)

ledabrigino said...

i guess "the one" is not [yet] applicable to the pinoy wedding industry, where brides usually have their gowns custom-made, coz off the rack gowns are not that plenty (or high end ones are too expensive, so might as well patahi nalang)

saka ko na share san ko pinagawa gown ko, pag satisfied ako sa gawa nya ;)

not one of those too expensive famous couturiers anyway. hehe!